Hiring a wedding photographer is one of the most important parts of getting ready for your big day! Luckily, with some research and due diligence on your end, you can find the perfect photographer to help you capture special moments from your wedding day. If you have any questions about our wedding packages or rates, please give us a call!
1. Decide what style you like—All photographers have a certain style, so figure out what you like and then look at different photographers based on the photography style you prefer.
2. Do your homework—Get some basic information about the photographer by perusing their website and social profiles.
3. Set up an interview—The best way to get to know a photographer is to meet them in person! Find out if they’re available for your wedding date and ask any and all questions you have for them.
4. View a few wedding albums—To get a well-rounded idea of a photographer’s work, ask to see a few full wedding albums, instead of just highlights from their gallery.
5. Make sure your personalities click—Is your photographer excited by your vision and your upcoming wedding? To get the best possible photos, make sure you like the photographer you hire and can bond with them.
6. Look into rates—Figure out if the photographer’s rates and different packages work with what you’ve budgeted for photos.
7. Ask about the fine print—Find out what policies the photographer has in place for printing and posting the digital proofs they give you of your wedding photos.
8. Get details about what happens in postproduction—Find out how long it will take to get your digital proofs back after your wedding day and what you can expect in terms of retouching and special effects.
9. Trust your photographer—Give your photographer the basic details about your wedding day and trust them to use their professional skills to work their magic!